I interviewed Janice James, one of the best recruiters I know in the legal industry. I think the interview turned out great and there are a number of good takeaways!
There is additional conversation that took place, however these are the questions I prepared for the interview.
1) What suggestions do you have for finding a recruiter to work with?
2) What qualities should we look for in partnering with a recruiter?
3) When working with a recruiter, what are some realistic expectations for the process?
4) How important is it to meet a recruiter in person versus via telephone/e-mail only?
5) Many recruiters ask the applicant to keep them apprised of every position they have been submitted for. Is this a reasonable request?
6) Some recruiters will instruct the applicant to make specific edits to their resume. In fact, sometimes the applicant is given conflicting resume advice when working with multiple recruiters. What is your advice?
7) How can an applicant contribute to making the recruiting process a success?
8) What advice do you give to an applicant in preparation for the interview process?
9) What guidance do you have for the salary discussion or negotiation of a salary?
10) How important is a LinkedIn profile in the recruiting process?
11) What is your favorite thing about being in the staffing business?
Do you have any follow-up questions for Janice? If you do, please enter them in the comment section below and I'll make sure that Janice answers them.
Rating and Review
If you enjoyed this episode, please give it a 5 star rating on iTunes and write a brief review. It will help the podcast stay more visible in iTunes so that more people can find it. Thank you.